Tone and Voice list
Freelancing at a start-up right now. I miss the feeling of everyone in the team being passionately involved in the product.
Again, I’m obsessively writing and re-writing micro-copy for the app, and I love it. Too bad I can’t do the Chinese version.
Here’s a list of Tone and Voice style guides that I picked up in the internet:
- Mail Chimp: http://styleguide.mailchimp.com/writing-principles/
- Duolingo: https://incubator.duolingo.com/resources/localization-style-guide.pdf
- The Economist: http://www.economist.com/styleguide/introduction
- Slack: https://api.slack.com/best-practices/voice-and-tone
- Design thinking exercise in finding your product’s voice: https://clearleft.com/posts/401